Breakdown of Features & Benefits
- Ease of tightening enhanced by a thicker bolt head.
- The washer face prevents potential friction caused by the bolt corners.
- The radius of the bolt below its head increases the strength.
- Chamfered washer edges center the washer to the bolt bearing surface when tightening.
- Durability is improved by the bolt’s UNR thread radius, which is helpful in the reduction of problems caused by a notch effect. This effect is typically experienced in regular UN threads.
- Stresses to the washer are spread out evenly across its smooth surface. Torquing is improved by the washer’s finish.
- Chamfered edges of the nut prevent corner drag and increase the ease of tightening.
- Nut walls exceed conventional thickness accommodating increased wrenching and are heat treated for superior strength.
- Stover locknuts are available to keep the fastening system tight for applications subject to vibration.