A Strength to be Rivaled
The engineering of the A9 Fastening System, with a mechanical strength the highest in its class, is ideally suited for high stress uses. With proper tightening, this fastening system harnesses the bolt’s torque tension to accommodate high clamp loads.
A More Substantial Bolt
For added strength, this fastening system is thicker than conventional fastening systems. Ease of tightening is enhanced by a thicker bolt head and thicker nut walls, which are also heat-treated for strength.
To reduce friction, which allows increased clamp loads, the A9 Fastening System features a smooth, flat washer face, thus preventing wear caused by corners. Stresses to the washer are spread out evenly across the smooth surface of the washer. Its chamfered edges also help keep it centered, tight, and flush. The fastening system’s nut also makes use of chamfered edges, which eliminates failure from corner drag. Locknuts are available to keep the fastening system tight despite vibration.
Durable by Design
Several features have been built into the A9 Fastening System to ensure it performs and lasts. The radius of the bolt below its head increases the durability of the bolt by helping to avoid fractures through fatigue. The bolt’s UNR thread radius also adds to this durability because it is helpful in the reduction of a notch effect. This effect is typically experienced in regular UN threads.
Breakdown of Features & Benefits
- Ease of tightening enhanced by a thicker bolt head.
- The washer face prevents potential friction caused by the bolt corners.
- The radius of the bolt below its head increases the strength.
- Chamfered washer edges center the washer to the bolt bearing surface when tightening.
- Durability is improved by the bolt’s UNR thread radius, which is helpful in the reduction of problems caused by a notch effect. This effect is typically experienced in regular UN threads.
- Stresses to the washer are spread out evenly across its smooth surface. Torquing is improved by the washer’s finish.
- Chamfered edges of the nut prevent corner drag and increase the ease of tightening.
- Nut walls exceed conventional thickness accommodating increased wrenching and are heat treated for superior strength.
- Stover locknuts are available to keep the fastening system tight for applications subject to vibration.